DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SONY DCR-TRV520 Camcorder Problem Identified (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/126422-sony-dcr-trv520-camcorder-problem-identified.html)

JR North October 25th 05 07:14 AM

SONY DCR-TRV520 Camcorder Problem Identified

OK, it's the LCD panel hinge-line contacts. The fault has progressed to
where the volume bar is now constantly displayed, but while it was
intermittent, I was able to affect the fault by very carefully
manipulating the panel. Apparently, the displayed vol. bar is sending a
constant command to the microprocessor, which is locking out some other
functions, and generally wigging it out.
I sprayed contact cleaner into the hinge assy, without effect.
So...
Anyone here have experience repairing the hinge-line contacts? Advice,
etc. appreciated.
JR