Default Ajusting color alignment on a computer Monitor

I have a Samsung Syncmaster 17GLi. I have to open the monitor to align
the colors together. For example, in a word processor, there is a line
on the screen and one color is one millimeter below the line.
I have never done this type of ajustment.
My questions a
Is there any screw in any monitor to make this type of ajustment?
Any advice to not make it worse?

The only adjustments you should be attempting would be a horizontal or
vertical convergence fine adjust in the USER menu and the other user
menu adjustments.

ALL other adjustments require a custom interface and software from the
manufacture. Usually only cost effective for factory authorized
servicer that repairs large numbers of that model line.

David