DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba 21S04BG, colour tearing when warm (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124798-toshiba-21s04bg-colour-tearing-when-warm.html)

Andrew October 14th 05 12:01 AM

Toshiba 21S04BG, colour tearing when warm

Toshiba 21S04BG CRT TV: after about 5 minutes the green starts to tear
on highlights and the picture develops an even mild-greenish hue.

Setting the colour saturation to 0% gives a well balanced monochrome
picture with no colour hue.

Power-cycling the set in the 'warm' condition rights the problem for
~15 seconds, as does selecting a different preset colour 'temperature'
setting using the OSD.

Before I reach for the freezer spray, can anyone point me in the right
direction, please?

Thanks
Andrew

--
Andrew

MCP October 14th 05 11:33 AM

"Andrew" wrote in message . ..

Toshiba 21S04BG CRT TV: after about 5 minutes the green starts to tear
on highlights and the picture develops an even mild-greenish hue.

Setting the colour saturation to 0% gives a well balanced monochrome
picture with no colour hue.

Power-cycling the set in the 'warm' condition rights the problem for
~15 seconds, as does selecting a different preset colour 'temperature'
setting using the OSD.

Before I reach for the freezer spray, can anyone point me in the right
direction, please?

Thanks
Andrew

--
Andrew

Ditto! Andrew I am getting exactly the same fault as you on my Toshiba 21S04BG set and am trying to find out
the problem.

George

Andrew October 14th 05 11:21 PM

Toshiba 21S04BG, colour tearing when warm

George, It's good to know I'm not alone with this fault!

I'm hoping that if we've both got this problem then it could be a
common fault with this chassis with a known resolution. Oh well, here's
hoping that someone will come along with a "Check X,Y & Z" type fix for
us.

It's been over 15yrs since I repaired brown goods fulltime so I'm quite
out of touch. That said, I'll try and put some time into this over the
weekend and make some progress.

Skype_man October 15th 05 12:40 AM

Toshiba 21S04BG, colour tearing when warm

Make sure the service switch, likely on the crt board,
is ok, & check solder connections on the main board,
as well as the crt board. Sky.

. ..