DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Samsung DLP problems (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124491-samsung-dlp-problems.html)

Ken G. October 12th 05 03:34 AM

Samsung DLP problems

I cant remember the model but its about a 46`` and last years model . It
turns on and all i get on the screen are very thin white lines about an
inch apart across the entire screen . If the set is turned off then
back on it may then show hundreds of tiny white dots like stars in the
sky at night .
I now have 2 sets like this .
I was told it is the entire light engine that needs to be replaced .

[email protected] October 12th 05 04:12 AM

Samsung DLP problems

Bingo. Get out the checkbook or credit card.

[email protected] October 12th 05 04:47 AM

Samsung DLP problems

Dunno bout you, but if a unit keeps powering up different, it seems
like the reset circuit no ?

Anyone ever tried to fix one ?

JURB

James Sweet October 12th 05 05:13 AM

Samsung DLP problems

wrote in message
oups.com...
Dunno bout you, but if a unit keeps powering up different, it seems
like the reset circuit no ?

Anyone ever tried to fix one ?

JURB

Or the CPU is not running for some reason, I'd be curious to have a look at
one, but it'd likely take a lot of work to track down the issue, if the
replacement part could even be found.

Ken G. October 12th 05 11:06 PM

Samsung DLP problems

Thats what i thought . I played around with the 2 sets today and got
either the lines or dots or a combination of both .
We get them in from time to time with broken screens , mirrors or bulbs
We will save the parts

Thanks !