DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   RCA F32444 won't turn on. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124348-rca-f32444-wont-turn.html)

Benji October 11th 05 01:36 AM

RCA F32444 won't turn on.

My daughter was playing with the on/off button and the t.v. no longer
turns on. When I press the on/off button you can hear that it is
trying to turn on. Could it be a fuse?

Thanks in advance.

[email protected] October 11th 05 01:53 AM

RCA F32444 won't turn on.

Could it be a fuse?

No. Obviously since you hear something happen when the on/off button
is pushed, the fuse is still good.

The TV has an internal failure that needs properly diagnosed in order
to determine the extent of the failures.

James Sweet October 11th 05 04:46 AM

RCA F32444 won't turn on.

"Benji" wrote in message
My daughter was playing with the on/off button and the t.v. no longer
turns on. When I press the on/off button you can hear that it is
trying to turn on. Could it be a fuse?

Thanks in advance.

No, certainly not. If the fuse blew it would be completely dead. Likely
something in the power supply or horizontal scan circuit has failed, rapid
power cycling is bad for equipment.

buran October 11th 05 02:02 PM

RCA F32444 won't turn on.

Zenith sets will go quickly dead with some on\off cycles
(taken from www.repairfaq.org)

I.

Skype_man October 11th 05 02:44 PM

RCA F32444 won't turn on.

Very likely the flyback transformer. 257805 or some
number like that. Could be a high voltage capacitor, or
other part in the E-W pincushion correction citcuit. Sky.