DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124103-sony-receiver-no-longer-remembers-last-audio-source.html)

Mike Foss October 9th 05 10:07 AM

Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source

I have a minor but irritating problem with a Sony STR-AV270
receiver. When powered on, it no longer remembers the last
audio source when it was last turned off, but instead always
defaults to the FM tuner. It never used to do this until recently.
What's irritating is that I don't use the receiver for FM audio,
and no antenna is attached to the unit. So I often wind up
getting loud static in my headphones before I realize I need to
manually switch sources.

If the fix is easy I'd like to handle it myself. It's an old model
and isn't under warranty anymore.

Thanks for any info.

Mark D. Zacharias October 9th 05 01:09 PM

Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source

"Mike Foss" wrote in message
k.net...
I have a minor but irritating problem with a Sony STR-AV270
receiver. When powered on, it no longer remembers the last
audio source when it was last turned off, but instead always
defaults to the FM tuner. It never used to do this until recently.
What's irritating is that I don't use the receiver for FM audio,
and no antenna is attached to the unit. So I often wind up
getting loud static in my headphones before I realize I need to
manually switch sources.

If the fix is easy I'd like to handle it myself. It's an old model
and isn't under warranty anymore.

Thanks for any info.

Maybe a backup capacitor - other than that I got nothing. No service
bulletins on this.

Mark Z.

Dave Plowman (News) October 9th 05 03:08 PM

Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source

In article t,
Mike Foss wrote:
I have a minor but irritating problem with a Sony STR-AV270
receiver. When powered on, it no longer remembers the last
audio source when it was last turned off, but instead always
defaults to the FM tuner. It never used to do this until recently.
What's irritating is that I don't use the receiver for FM audio,
and no antenna is attached to the unit. So I often wind up
getting loud static in my headphones before I realize I need to
manually switch sources.

If the fix is easy I'd like to handle it myself. It's an old model
and isn't under warranty anymore.

Sounds like the memory back up battery has failed. Common with age. Might
be a Ni-Cad or capacitor.

--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Jamie October 9th 05 06:08 PM

Mike Foss wrote:

I have a minor but irritating problem with a Sony STR-AV270
receiver. When powered on, it no longer remembers the last
audio source when it was last turned off, but instead always
defaults to the FM tuner. It never used to do this until recently.
What's irritating is that I don't use the receiver for FM audio,
and no antenna is attached to the unit. So I often wind up
getting loud static in my headphones before I realize I need to
manually switch sources.

If the fix is easy I'd like to handle it myself. It's an old model
and isn't under warranty anymore.

Thanks for any info.

it's hard to say.
you could have some bad Flash memory if that is what's
holding your settings?
you could have an on board Ni-cad better/Cell that needs
replacing because it will no longer accept a charge or you
could be using one of those high dense button caps that needs
to be replaced!

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

buran October 10th 05 06:31 AM

Sony receiver no longer remembers last audio source

Probably the battery.

Ik.