Junior Member

Default Sony kv2680r won't power up

I have had this tv for years, never a problem, all of a sudden it dooes not power up, I hear the clicking noise when I push the power butto, I have the back opened and see 2 parts that might be it, help me thanks.
John

tileguy:
...... and those parts that you suspect could be the problem are???
Parts that "look" bad can be quite good and parts that look OK can be
very faulty.... unless they are obviously burnt in two they must be
tested to determine their condition.
also, be certain to post your testing and troubleshooting results and
the reason you suspect those parts..... did the parts test bad? ? Did
you test any other parts in the related circuitry? ..... how about the
other parts that may have caused the two parts to fail?
As a suggestion, you may want to go to the website for this newsgroup
at
http://www.repairfaq.org/
there, with some searching you will find a wealth of troubleshooting,
component testing, repair and SAFETY information.
electricitym

buran

The HOT is good ? What chassis is this one ? Sony usually prints it on
the rear of the set.

I.

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buran
The HOT is good ? What chassis is this one ? Sony usually prints it on
the rear of the set.

I.
Thanks for your help. These are the numbers on the back.
710ab221
a67jh600x1
a67jh601x
5cc548k4
buran

The first and the last aren't useful, the two in the middle are the two
types of crts that can be mounted. Can you make a foto of the rear
nameplate ?
The HOT ?

I.

Skype_man

Measure the primary of the large power
transformer. on the left side of the chassis.
You can "rebuild" it. Sky.

--
tileguy

sofie

Skype_man:
Gosh..... how did you conclude that the transformer needs to be rebuilt??
Based on the reported symptoms and the OP's total lack of troubleshooting
and testing results I could think of about 101 things more probable than a
bad transformer.
If you have some repair history pointing to this fault please post it so I
can add this to my database.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"tileguy" wrote in message

I have had this tv for years, never a problem, all of a sudden it dooes
not power up, I hear the clicking noise when I push the power butto, I
have the back opened and see 2 parts that might be it, help me thanks.
John

--
tileguy

SONY STR-DE635 NO POWER UP Matt Electronics Repair 11 September 28th 05 01:55 PM
Sony 53XBR45 Power on problems. Advice appreciated? Darin Ginther Electronics Repair 2 December 11th 04 06:20 PM
I dropped the tv ( Sony circa December 1985) Accidents HAPPEN Electronics Repair 18 June 22nd 04 06:54 AM
Generator FAQ Gunner Metalworking 0 January 23rd 04 06:24 PM
TV Sony KV27TS35 switching power supply problems gaston Electronics Repair 0 November 30th 03 07:11 PM