DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Projection TV: 3 replacement screens PROPER ORDER...help needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/124016-projection-tv-3-replacement-screens-proper-order-help-needed.html)

[email protected] October 8th 05 02:44 PM

Projection TV: 3 replacement screens PROPER ORDER...help needed

I have a 53" Sony Projection TV, Model #KP-53HS20

I know the 3 replacement screens that were sent to me were the...
Lenitcular, Fresnal, and Contrast. However, Sony did not have any
labeling on the screens or packages. I know how to install them, but
do not know the PROPER ORDER or which screen is which.

The 3 screens are described as...

1. Clear & Perfectly Transparent
2. Clear & but Cloudy/Hazy look
3. Dark w/ grooves

I installed them in this order...front to back...

Dark w/ grooves (Closest to you if youre watching the tv)
Clear & Perfectly Transparent (the middle screen)
Clear & but Cloudy/Hazy (this is the last screen and the closest to the
back mirror of the internal backing.

Is this order wrong??? Thanks for any help.

Andy Cuffe October 8th 05 05:03 PM

On 8 Oct 2005 06:44:39 -0700, wrote:

I have a 53" Sony Projection TV, Model #KP-53HS20

I know the 3 replacement screens that were sent to me were the...
Lenitcular, Fresnal, and Contrast. However, Sony did not have any
labeling on the screens or packages. I know how to install them, but
do not know the PROPER ORDER or which screen is which.

The 3 screens are described as...

1. Clear & Perfectly Transparent
2. Clear & but Cloudy/Hazy look
3. Dark w/ grooves

I installed them in this order...front to back...

Dark w/ grooves (Closest to you if youre watching the tv)
Clear & Perfectly Transparent (the middle screen)
Clear & but Cloudy/Hazy (this is the last screen and the closest to the
back mirror of the internal backing.

Is this order wrong??? Thanks for any help.

The clear one should be on the outside. It's there to protect #3 from
scratches. Also, #3 should be installed with the darker side facing
out toward the viewer. If you look closely, you'll notice black paint
on the ridges on one side. #2 is a fresnel lens and should be
installed with the smooth side facing toward the inside of the set
(one side has very fine concentric grooves).
Andy Cuffe

-- Use this address until 12/31/2005

-- Use this address after 12/31/2005

[email protected] October 8th 05 10:14 PM

Projection TV: 3 replacement screens PROPER ORDER...help needed

Thank you for the reply Andy. I'm having a bit of a shadow problem
that seems to be most apparent when viewing from an angle, so I have a
feeling one of the screens may indeed be backwards. Ya think?

I've taken apart the TV twice today, and did figure out the right ORDER
that you mentioned. Looks like I may be going for dissemble #3, ugggh.

Thanks again...