DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/123970-tda8362-tda8362b-jungle-chip-daewoo-cp365-chassis.html)

Peter Duck October 7th 05 11:48 PM

TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis?

A roughly ten-year-old Thorn CT514TN using this chassis does everything
it should except display a picture, whether 'on-air' or from the AV
inputs.
Sound is OK, as is the on-screen display of menus, etc, and it seems to
respond to all commands, including channel-changes.

The problem appears to be that pin21 on the jungle-chip, which should be
at 0.4v, is internally pulled up to about 4.6v (from a supply-voltage,
Vcc, of 8.0) despite a 1K resistor to ground, even when nothing else is
connected to it.
According to a 1994 TDA8362 data-sheet, a voltage between 0.9 and a
maximum of 3.0 will blank the picture (no mention of OSD, which is alive
and well).

Seems a pretty clear-cut case of chip-failure (all supply-voltages are
OK), but obtaining a replacement isn't proving straightforward ...

- On a CP365 circuit diagram (undated) the chip is shown as TDA8362, but
the actual one present is TDA8362B
- My Googling hasn't found any data on other versions than the original
8362, now billed as 'obsolete' on Philips' website.
- I've found several UK suppliers of the 8362, and of 'minidip' versions
with suffixes like EN4, but not of a 8362B.

I'm therefore left with the questions
- What's the difference between the 8362 and the 8362B?
(or "Where can I find data on the latter?")
- Does it matter on this chassis/in this set?

--
Peter Duck

Bill October 9th 05 01:05 AM

TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis?

We have this part in stock
www.electronica-usa.com

buran October 9th 05 08:24 PM

TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis?

The TDA8362 is the SECAM version of the PAL TDA8361.

I.

Peter Duck October 10th 05 11:12 PM

TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis?

In message . com
"Bill" wrote:

- On a CP365 circuit diagram (undated) the chip is shown as TDA8362,
but the actual one present is TDA8362B
- My Googling hasn't found any data on other versions than the
original 8362, now billed as 'obsolete' on Philips' website.
- I've found several UK suppliers of the 8362, and of 'minidip'
versions with suffixes like EN4, but not of a 8362B. ...

We have this part in stock
www.electronica-usa.com

Thanks, but though Google hadn't found a UK supplier of the 8362B, Lycos
now has.

Seems that it exists in many different 'flavours', each customised for
specific setmakers/models, but fortunately the one required (for a Thorn
CT514TN) is still said to be obtainable.

--
Peter Duck

Peter Duck October 10th 05 11:12 PM

TDA8362 or TDA8362B 'jungle chip' in Daewoo CP365 chassis?

In message .com
"buran" wrote:

The TDA8362 is the SECAM version of the PAL TDA8361.

Thanks: info about the 8360, 8361 and 6362 all appear on the same 1994
Philips datasheet (and all were discontinued in 2001), but my questions
were about the 8362B.

--
Peter Duck