Antonio Marcheselli

Default Pioneer DVD 535 trouble on Second Layer

Hi everyone

I recently burned a Dual Layer DVD with my PC and I found that my DVD
player, a Pioneer 535 (the same as 525 + RGB output), cannot read the second
layer. From the beginning this player had problems (few interruptions on
sound) that only now I realize they were located only on second layer.

The Burned DVD is ok, I tryed it on another Pioneer 535 with success.

Is there something that I can do without service the player (or, better,
buying another one since the price of the DVD player today!)?

I found that 535 has a service menu that is, unfortunately, only accessible
with a service remote. Is there a way to access the service menu without
that remote? I'm not sure if there is something that can be done in that
menu but I'd like to try.

Then, what about the LED gain trimmer on the laser head? I know that DVD
player has two trimmer, one for CD and one for DVD, is there some specs on
Internet that can help me?

Thanks for your time and pls sorry for syntax error, I'm writing from
Italy!!

Bye

Antonio