DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   CTC146E Chassis (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/123776-ctc146e-chassis.html)

CompNurse October 6th 05 09:12 PM

CTC146E Chassis

I am looking for the Values of Resistors R114U and R116U. The flamed up and I can not read the color code at all. And, of course, I do not have a schematic either. I would like any help that I can get. (RCA model 20GT421)

Thanks

CompNurse

Tom MacIntyre October 7th 05 12:48 AM

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 21:12:51 +0100, CompNurse
wrote:

I am looking for the Values of Resistors R114U and R116U. The flamed up
and I can not read the color code at all. And, of course, I do not
have a schematic either. I would like any help that I can get. (RCA
model 20GT421)

Thanks

CompNurse

I don't know the answer, but I can almost guarantee that you'll need
the value of at least one other component, and you may need two or
more of each if you aren't careful.

Tom

RonKZ650 October 8th 05 05:30 PM

CTC146E Chassis

They are both 430 ohm 1w, but I agree, they don't go bad on there own.
If they are in fact burned, something else is wrong. I doubt they are
bad, they haven't ever been in any CTC146 I've seen, they do get hot
because they supply the voltage to the 12v standby source, so they are
always hot regardless of whether the set is on or not as long as it's
plugged in. They look burned but are not.

CompNurse October 12th 05 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonKZ650
They are both 430 ohm 1w, but I agree, they don't go bad on there own.
If they are in fact burned, something else is wrong. I doubt they are
bad, they haven't ever been in any CTC146 I've seen, they do get hot
because they supply the voltage to the 12v standby source, so they are
always hot regardless of whether the set is on or not as long as it's
plugged in. They look burned but are not.

Thanks very much. Already had to replace a voltage regulator and a cap. Just had no way to tell what these resisitor were!!!!
Thanks again