DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for several years,hererecently,when I start to record,it records for about a second,and then thepower shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new battery and had the batterycharger tested,it is okay (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/123511-i-have-quasar-palmcorder-vm-l-152-i-have-used-several-years-hererecently-when-i-start-record-records-about-second-then-thepower-shuts-off-camcorder-i-purchased-new-battery-had-batterycharger-tested-okay.html)

lucille October 4th 05 11:18 AM

I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for several years,hererecently,when I start to record,it records for about a second,and then thepower shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new battery and had the batterycharger tested,it is okay

I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for several
years,here recently,when I start to record,it records for about a
second,and then the power shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new
battery and had the battery charger tested,it is okay.Whether this is
helpful or not,if I take the tape out,not in the record mode,,of the
camcorder,the power stays on,but if I put the tape back in,without
being in the record mode,the power shuts off.Thanks so much for any help
you can give me.
Lucille

Jumpster Jiver October 4th 05 03:50 PM

lucille wrote:
I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for several
years,here recently,when I start to record,it records for about a
second,and then the power shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new
battery and had the battery charger tested,it is okay.Whether this is
helpful or not,if I take the tape out,not in the record mode,,of the
camcorder,the power stays on,but if I put the tape back in,without being
in the record mode,the power shuts off.Thanks so much for any help you
can give me.
Lucille

Sounds like a mechanical or electro-mechanical problem, such as the
tape movement sensor, or in some camcorders damaged ribbon cables that
feed signals to and from these items.

Marcos_Ce October 8th 05 06:42 PM

I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for several years,here recently,when I start to record,it records for about a second,and then the power shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new battery and had the battery charger tested,it

I had the same problem,

In my camcorder, the drum motor (the one with the rotary heads) was
stuck. Try to rotate it with your hands. It must spin freely. On my
camcorder, the drum got rusty and couldn't spin. After a deep cleaning,
everything worked fine.

lucille October 11th 05 11:03 AM

I have a Quasar Palmcorder,vm-l-152.I have used it for severalyears,here recently,when I start to record,it records for about a second,andthen the power shuts off,of the camcorder.I purchased a new battery and hadthe battery charger tested,it is

Thanks for your help,we tried this,and it did make it stay on a little
longer,but still shut off,after it was on for a little while,it isn't on
long enough to check to see if it recorded.Thank you.