snider

Default Need Manual for Sears VCR

Hi Everyone,

I received a sears VCR without a remote or manual. I can program some
things but am stuck on others...

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the remote or manual for
this model:

Sears EZ-2Programme VCR
Model 509-30115

My other VCR suffered a power surge and now the display just blinks
when I turn it on-it won't do anything else. Any ideas for this one too
?

Thanks

LS

Michael Kennedy

I don't mean to sound pecemistic(sp?) but you can buy a vcr these days for
$50. Most of the time it is not worth the trouble to fix an old vcr unless
it is a high quality machine. I found most older vcr's don't have as sharp
of a picture as the newer ones either. Could be due to worn / dirty heads.
Anyhow Good Luck, and go ahead and fix it if you are just looking for a fun
project.

"snider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I received a sears VCR without a remote or manual. I can program some
things but am stuck on others...

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the remote or manual for
this model:

Sears EZ-2Programme VCR
Model 509-30115

My other VCR suffered a power surge and now the display just blinks
when I turn it on-it won't do anything else. Any ideas for this one too
?

Thanks

LS

Michael Kennedy

Try ebay for that remote. E-mail some of the sellers.

http://tinyurl.com/bmn3j

or

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...e&category0 =

"snider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I received a sears VCR without a remote or manual. I can program some
things but am stuck on others...

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the remote or manual for
this model:

Sears EZ-2Programme VCR
Model 509-30115

My other VCR suffered a power surge and now the display just blinks
when I turn it on-it won't do anything else. Any ideas for this one too
?

Thanks

LS

Ken Weitzel

Michael Kennedy wrote:
I don't mean to sound pecemistic(sp?) but you can buy a vcr these days for
$50. Most of the time it is not worth the trouble to fix an old vcr unless
it is a high quality machine. I found most older vcr's don't have as sharp
of a picture as the newer ones either. Could be due to worn / dirty heads.
Anyhow Good Luck, and go ahead and fix it if you are just looking for a fun
project.

Hi Michael...

Yet the name of the group includes the word repair.

It doesn't say anything about exporting jobs to the far east, nor
unnecessarily filling land fills, nor wasting raw resources

Given that it isn't (or shouldn't be) a throw-away world, my
vote goes to fixing what's fixable

Ken

snider

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Michael A. Terrell

snider wrote:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV
sets from the mid '60s.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
fireater

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
snider wrote:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV
sets from the mid '60s.

sigh my 1976 admiral finally gave up the ghost ..... I'm not gonna fix
it anymore
DaveM

"snider" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Everyone,

I received a sears VCR without a remote or manual. I can program some
things but am stuck on others...

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find the remote or manual for
this model:

Sears EZ-2Programme VCR
Model 509-30115

My other VCR suffered a power surge and now the display just blinks
when I turn it on-it won't do anything else. Any ideas for this one too
?

Thanks

LS

Go to or call a Sears parts and repair center. They should be able to order
a user's manual for your unit. They should also be able to order a remote
for you also.

Alternatively,
Two routes to take for the remote.
1) Get a cheapie universal remote from any dept store, such as Walmart,
Target or even Sears. Should be programmable to handle your VCR.
2) Shop at http://www.moteva.com/, maybe ask them for a recommendation as to
which remote would best fir your VCR.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in

Tom MacIntyre

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:09:02 GMT, fireater
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
snider wrote:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV
sets from the mid '60s.

sigh my 1976 admiral finally gave up the ghost ..... I'm not gonna fix
it anymore

Shouldn't the (ratchet?) tuner have given up a long time ago? Or did
it leave you with channel 3? :-)

Tom
fireater

wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

snider wrote:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV
sets from the mid '60s.

sigh my 1976 admiral finally gave up the ghost ..... I'm not gonna fix
it anymore

Shouldn't the (ratchet?) tuner have given up a long time ago? Or did
it leave you with channel 3? :-)

Tom

my tuner is still perfect..... in fact i have a second tuner as well for
parts
Ken Weitzel

wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

snider wrote:

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I hate to throw things out if they can
be repaired...I still have my 15 year old TV

Cheers

LS

Amateur! I still have one of the original Motorola "Quasar" color TV
sets from the mid '60s.

sigh my 1976 admiral finally gave up the ghost ..... I'm not gonna fix
it anymore

Shouldn't the (ratchet?) tuner have given up a long time ago? Or did
it leave you with channel 3? :-)

Hi Tom...

Think we used ratchet's on the service van while we were on our way
to clean turret tuners

Take care.

Ken