Schmedley

Default Fujifilm FinePix 2650 Focus Problem

The lens will not retract into the case sometimes. Displays autofocus error
and pictures are not focused. When cycling on/off lens may go in and out
several times. Web search indicates this is a common problem on this model.
Is there a camera repair web site or newsgroup? I doubt the camera is worth
paying to have repaired at a camera shop.

spudnuty

Schmedley wrote:
The lens will not retract into the case sometimes. Displays autofocus error
and pictures are not focused. When cycling on/off lens may go in and out
several times. Web search indicates this is a common problem on this model.
Is there a camera repair web site or newsgroup? I doubt the camera is worth
paying to have repaired at a camera shop.

I have 4 2650 bodies (long story) 3 have broken or missing lenses, one
seems to have an intact lens but my note on it says. "main board
problem and autofocus error" .
I have had these lenses apart and they are very hard to work on. They
assemble them at the factory and glue the parts in place! Especially
difficult are 3 tiny springs that stablize the retrofocus group to the
main lens body.
I've had better luck with the 2600 for some reason. My repair method is
to find a camera on eBay that has a bad main board or power supply and
a pristine lens module. Easier said than done, especially if they were
dropped. Nice camera when they're working. The kids use two of the
2600s I've fixed.
Richard