spuddyduddy

Default TV problem

My Tv has horizontal green lines on it.Is it going on the fritz? I am
on cable and it went out last night but my brother next door is not
having this problem. Anyone have a clue? I sure dont.

spuddyduddy:
Horizontal green lines? They say a picture is worth 10,000 words and
you only gave us 8 words in your description of the problem.... which
could be caused by a plethora of faults, some easy and inexpensive to
fix and and others much more involved and expensive to fix.
About the best answer that most people could come up based on details
in your posting is that your TV is broken and needs to be looked at by
a technician with the proper repair experience, electronics knowledge,
and tools/test equipment. At the very least, TAKE your television to
a service shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an
intelligent repair decision with facts instead of clueless internet
guesses.
electricitym
..
..
..

spuddyduddy

Thanks for your input. If I had had any more words to describe the
problem I would have said so. Not to be smart or anything. I am just
a woman who is not adept at electrical home repair tv or otherwise. I
was just hoping it meant something simple as I dont have money for
repairing a tv . I assumed it probably is going out on me, just
praying I was wrong. Thanks for your advice and for posting . I didnt
realize the site was DO It Yourself. ops:

James Sweet

"spuddyduddy" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks for your input. If I had had any more words to describe the
problem I would have said so. Not to be smart or anything. I am just
a woman who is not adept at electrical home repair tv or otherwise. I
was just hoping it meant something simple as I dont have money for
repairing a tv . I assumed it probably is going out on me, just
praying I was wrong. Thanks for your advice and for posting . I didnt
realize the site was DO It Yourself. ops:

Well nobody here can fix your TV over the internet, we can give you ideas
but in the end you'll have to either work on it yourself or find someone who
can. Maybe you can find a hobbyist in your area who'd be willing to come
look at it for you? I find once word gets out I have all sorts of random
people asking me to fix stuff, when time permits it's a good way to make a
few extra bucks while still being cheaper than a shop and it beats having
the equipment just get chucked in the landfill.

Jumpster Jiver

spuddyduddy wrote:

My Tv has horizontal green lines on it.Is it going on the fritz? I am
on cable and it went out last night but my brother next door is not
having this problem. Anyone have a clue? I sure dont.

Unfortunately this newsgroup is meant for someone who can do some basic
troubleshooting, such as checking voltages, waveforms, and signals, then
post those results here and ask for some help tracking down the cause of
the problem.
Also it is a must to post the brand name and model number, and if
possible the chassis number.
If this is not within your ability then you need to bring your TV to a
technician for troubleshooting and repair.

What you CAN do is connect another known-good TV to the same cable line
and see if you get the same symptom.
If you DO get the same symptom then the problem is likely caused by the
cable, and if you DON'T get the same symptom then the problem is likely
caused by the TV itself.

Art

May be interference, failure in the video processor of the set, or other
internal problems. At least posting the Manufacturer and Model Number of the
set will allow us a litle insight. At this point we are guessing as much as
you are.