DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   who was the transformer rewinder? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122605-who-transformer-rewinder.html)

Eddie Brimer September 29th 05 12:44 PM

who was the transformer rewinder?

i have a 5 tube zenith that needs the treatment.

[email protected] September 29th 05 03:25 PM

Eddie:
the ONLY transformer in a 5 tube radio would most likely be the audio
output transformer fed from a 50L6 or 50C5 (or similar) tube which in
turn would feed a 4 or 5 inch speaker. There is literally nothing
special about these low power, low fidelity transformers.... if it
were me, I would obtain a cheap and even non-working tube radio at a
garage sale or thrift store and rob the transformer that you need....

electricitym
- - - -

James Sweet September 29th 05 07:02 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Eddie:
the ONLY transformer in a 5 tube radio would most likely be the audio
output transformer fed from a 50L6 or 50C5 (or similar) tube which in
turn would feed a 4 or 5 inch speaker. There is literally nothing
special about these low power, low fidelity transformers.... if it
were me, I would obtain a cheap and even non-working tube radio at a
garage sale or thrift store and rob the transformer that you need....

electricitym
- - - -

Cheap non working tube radios are getting hard to come by, Antique
Electronic Supply usually carries an assortment of these transformers
though.