DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   PAL D to PAL B/G (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122574-pal-d-pal-b-g.html)

Drago September 29th 05 09:55 AM

PAL D to PAL B/G

I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:
1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1 for the audio R)
2. S-Video (circular connector)
3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

Dave October 1st 05 09:46 PM

Drago wrote:
I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:
1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1
for the audio R)
2. S-Video (circular connector)
3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of
the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

Which connectors did you use, (the 3 RCAs are the easiest to prove) ?

Are the cables OK?

Is the TV switched to PAL and not NTSC?

Dave

Dave Plowman (News) October 1st 05 10:02 PM

In article ,
Drago wrote:
I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:
1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1
for the audio R)
2. S-Video (circular connector)
3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of
the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

You must have used some adaptor to feed into the SCART.

Since you don't have RGB from the DVD - or an S-Video SCART - you're
limited to the composite input on the SCART.

But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

--
*60-year-old, one owner - needs parts, make offer

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave October 2nd 05 11:45 AM

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Drago wrote:

I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:
1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1
for the audio R)
2. S-Video (circular connector)
3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of
the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

You must have used some adaptor to feed into the SCART.

Since you don't have RGB from the DVD - or an S-Video SCART - you're
limited to the composite input on the SCART.

But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

It's not actually, most of the DVD players I've seen in Australia don't
use them. Most TVs down here don't bother with them either.

SCART, (or Euroconnectors), are mainly a, wait for it, .....european
thing ;)

Dave

b October 2nd 05 04:26 PM

Drago wrote:
I have a DVD player in Standard PAL D with four outputs:
1. Video (3 connectors RCA: 1 for the video, 1 for the audio L and 1
for the audio R)
2. S-Video (circular connector)
3. Y, Cb, Cr (3 connectors RCA)
4. Y, Pb, Pr (3 connectors RCA)

Instead, I have a TV in Standard PAL B/G with a SCART. From the menu of
the TV, I can configure income the AV in video composite or RGB.

I connect the DVD to the TV and see only black / white.

Someone knows how I can resolve this problem?

use the rgb cables NOT composite.
-B

Dave Plowman (News) October 2nd 05 06:34 PM

In article ,
Dave wrote:
But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

It's not actually, most of the DVD players I've seen in Australia don't
use them. Most TVs down here don't bother with them either.

SCART, (or Euroconnectors), are mainly a, wait for it, .....european
thing ;)

Yehbut the OP said he has a TV with a SCART connector.

--
*I started out with nothing... and I still have most of it.

b October 2nd 05 11:28 PM

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:
But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

It's not actually, most of the DVD players I've seen in Australia don't
use them. Most TVs down here don't bother with them either.

SCART, (or Euroconnectors), are mainly a, wait for it, .....european
thing ;)

Yehbut the OP said he has a TV with a SCART connector.

.....then a lead with a scart connector on one end (for the tv) and the
3 rgb leads on the other (for the player) ought to do the job.
-B

Dave October 3rd 05 11:17 AM

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

But it's odd to have a 'PAL' DVD without a SCART.

It's not actually, most of the DVD players I've seen in Australia don't
use them. Most TVs down here don't bother with them either.

SCART, (or Euroconnectors), are mainly a, wait for it, .....european
thing ;)

Yehbut the OP said he has a TV with a SCART connector.

I also had a TV with a SCART, cheap chinese thing (just died after 12
years - new chinese thing only has 2 sets of RCA inputs and 1 SVideo),
it's the only TV over the years that I have noticed a SCART on, (here in
OZ).

Wish the OP had said where he was, PAL B/G TV - could be Australia, PAL
D DVD - could be Scandinavia (IIRC).

Dave

Dave Plowman (News) October 3rd 05 05:32 PM

In article .com,
b wrote:
Yehbut the OP said he has a TV with a SCART connector.

....then a lead with a scart connector on one end (for the tv) and the
3 rgb leads on the other (for the player) ought to do the job.
-B

But the DVD doesn't have an RGB output, but component? ;-)

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*