DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FDT-5BX5 TV's dead short (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122441-fdt-5bx5-tvs-dead-short.html)

[email protected] September 28th 05 05:47 AM

FDT-5BX5 TV's dead short

I have a Sony FDT-5BX5 color watchman, since 1994. It have an External
Antenna Input. I was watching TV when an electric overload from the
External Antenna did a short circuit.

Now, the radio still plays great but when switched to TV, it has a dead
short. I have no schematic. Can anyone suggest how I go about
troubleshooting?

Thanks in advice:

*9000 (Simon)

James Sweet September 28th 05 07:06 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Sony FDT-5BX5 color watchman, since 1994. It have an External
Antenna Input. I was watching TV when an electric overload from the
External Antenna did a short circuit.

Now, the radio still plays great but when switched to TV, it has a dead
short. I have no schematic. Can anyone suggest how I go about
troubleshooting?

Thanks in advice:

What do you mean by dead short? Does it blow the fuse?

[email protected] September 28th 05 04:36 PM

I mean "short circuit" or the TV/Video doesn't work (dead). Also I
guess the set doesn't have an internal fuse, because the radio still
working.

James Sweet September 28th 05 06:03 PM

wrote in message
oups.com...
I mean "short circuit" or the TV/Video doesn't work (dead). Also I
guess the set doesn't have an internal fuse, because the radio still
working.

If it's dead and part of it still works then it's not short circuited,
something has probably gone open. It's impossible to say what though without
looking at it, it's not something you'll be able to fix yourself unless
you've got a multimeter, soldering iron, and a lot of patience. Read the
sci.electronics.repair faq first, at least the sections relating to TV
repair, it'll give you a good idea of what you're getting into.

[email protected] September 29th 05 09:10 PM

Well, thanks to all for the advices. I didn't know the existence of
this group and the nice people who makes it great.