Default Sony KV27TS27 et al.

Hi;

Was at Mom's today and whe still has one of these. It's on it's third
CRT and sound module. With the description of the problem, turns red
and shuts down I went and "wrapped the flyback", thus isolating it from
an HK short.

This is not the first time I've done, or encountered what I'm asking
about. It seems that they designed in some sort of loose connection
between the heater and the blue cathode. Why ? I know the blue is
pushed alot harder in RPTVs, but this is not one of them.

I've also seen this in other sets and some of the few monitors I've
worked on. Why is this ?

This is not a money thing, she is replacing the set when she moves into
her new house in a few months, I'm really curious as to why they would
couple the heater to the blue cathode.

Strange: If you look at these things as they age, the blue gun is very
rarely the problem.

Any ideas ?

TIA

JURB

Sony KV27TS27 David Electronics Repair 1 July 17th 04 03:23 PM
Sony KV27TS27 sound fixed James Sweet Electronics Repair 2 March 4th 04 12:14 AM
Sony G500 Monitor Repair bigmike Electronics Repair 0 July 23rd 03 09:01 AM
Sony G410R Monitor problem (and bad Sony support) Steeve M Electronics Repair 7 July 15th 03 12:24 AM
Sony TV KV27TS27 Joust Electronics Repair 3 July 13th 03 08:05 PM