DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Security screw Bit type needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122356-security-screw-bit-type-needed.html)

mac September 27th 05 01:48 AM

Security screw Bit type needed

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections. If anyone knows where I can obtain
the tool I need, I would greatly appreaciate your help. Thanks. Mac

mac September 27th 05 03:14 AM

"mac" wrote in message

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections. If anyone knows where I can obtain
the tool I need, I would greatly appreaciate your help. Thanks. Mac

No, not torx like headlite screws on auto. Hard for me to describe, but
the screws have a center sorta like torx but with 3 arms slightly
spriraling to the outside of screw. Mac

Jumpster Jiver September 27th 05 04:41 AM

"mac" wrote in message

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections. If anyone knows where I can obtain
the tool I need, I would greatly appreaciate your help. Thanks. Mac

No, not torx like headlite screws on auto. Hard for me to describe, but
the screws have a center sorta like torx but with 3 arms slightly
spriraling to the outside of screw. Mac

Do you mean sorta like a philips head, but with only three wings instead
of four and they appear to be slightly angled?
If so, it's called a tri-wing and is available in many places such as...

http://www.flexibleassembly.com/dyna...led.php?ID=191

http://www.fastener-warehouse.com/in...3f6305b8405b37

http://www.action-electronics.com/ezpower.htm

I have not bought from any of those companies, just found them through a
goog search.

[email protected] September 27th 05 07:17 AM

mac wrote:

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections.

www.mcminone.com has a set of assorted security driver bits, $9 +
shipping, #22-1875

Michael A. Terrell September 27th 05 01:31 PM

Jumpster Jiver wrote:

Do you mean sorta like a philips head, but with only three wings instead
of four and they appear to be slightly angled?
If so, it's called a tri-wing and is available in many places such as...

http://www.flexibleassembly.com/dyna...led.php?ID=191

http://www.fastener-warehouse.com/in...3f6305b8405b37

http://www.action-electronics.com/ezpower.htm

I have not bought from any of those companies, just found them through a
goog search.

I can find a good assortment of security tool bits at the local flea
market. I bought two sets, because the bits have a tendency to
disappear. :(

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

mac September 30th 05 01:59 AM

wrote:
mac wrote:

We have a Black & Decker Profinish 714 steam iron that seems to need the
internal cord connections tightened, but, I have not been able to find a
security bit or screwdriver that fits the two screws that need to be
removed to get to the connections.

www.mcminone.com has a set of assorted security driver bits, $9 +
shipping, #22-1875

Thanks, Think I will order the set fm MCM online.
Mac

[email protected] September 30th 05 06:36 AM

mac wrote:
wrote:
www.mcminone.com has a set of assorted security driver bits, $9 +
shipping, #22-1875

Thanks, Think I will order the set fm MCM online.

For some reason it's listing at $14.95 at their web site even though
it's always featured at $8.99 in every flyer. To get the lower price
you may have to mention source code 5A110 and their "Fall Into Savings"
catalog for Sept. 12 - Oct. 28 and phone them at 1-800-543-4330.