DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Moving message sign GEO2000 by Geographics, Inc. (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122354-moving-message-sign-geo2000-geographics-inc.html)

Dan Grandmaison September 26th 05 05:04 AM

Moving message sign GEO2000 by Geographics, Inc.

Would anyone know if the company Geographics is defunct? Website? The manual
is somewhat skimpy, and it would be nice to find some specs on it. I
acquired it w/o a power supply- does anyone know the current rating of the 9
Volt AC adaptor? Any help would be appreciated.

[email protected] September 27th 05 05:58 AM

Dan Grandmaison wrote:
Would anyone know if the company Geographics is defunct? Website?

This company seems to make somewhat related products, but I don't know
if it's the same one: http://www.geographics.ca/main.html

I acquired it w/o a power supply- does anyone know the current rating
of the 9 Volt AC adaptor?

You could put an upper bound on it by figuring out how many LEDs the
sign has and multiplying that by something like 0.02 W to 0.08 W per
LED. The original supply may not have been sized to light every LED
at once; my guess is it would be around 50% to 75% of the maximum
possible, plus maybe 0.5 A for the controller board.

Matt Roberds