DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What does EW correction stand for? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/122353-what-does-ew-correction-stand.html)

Michael September 27th 05 12:31 AM

What does EW correction stand for?

Hello,
A nice easy one for you techs...

What does EW correction stand for?

Cheers guys.

M.

Travis Jordan September 27th 05 12:35 AM

Michael wrote:
What does EW correction stand for?

East-West correction, part of the deflection circuitry.

Dave D September 27th 05 12:58 AM

"Michael" wrote in message
g.com...
Hello,
A nice easy one for you techs...

What does EW correction stand for?

Cheers guys.

M.

East-West, IOW the left and right sides of the screen. AKA pincushion.
Basically, EW correction is the geometry setting which makes the sides of
the screen straight instead of bowed in or out.

Dave

carneyke September 27th 05 12:26 PM

Maybe it's a European thing (E-W Correction), while we here in the US
call it Pincushion correction. They call a Flyback a LOPT (Line Out Put
Transformer) too. Same thing different name ??

Eric September 30th 05 07:26 AM

trouble is LOPT is also (Line Out Put Transistor)

It may of started many years ago when the FBT was driven by valves (little
tubular things that light up with internal heaters)

But now you don't know if they are talking about LOPT or LOPT, I made the
switch many years ago from LOPT & LOPT to FBT & HOT not so confusing, my
guess is some people are just plain ignorant.

oups.com...