DS

Default TVAntenna problem

I use an antenna as a back up to our satellite dish.
However it picks up a slight herringbone pattern. There are no cars or
machines running nearby. I actually replaced the antenna and the coax and
checked cleaned and tightened all the fittings and it's still there.
Any ideas?
Tx

ds

--
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?" Satchell Paige

Albert Grennock

"DS" wrote in message
news
I use an antenna as a back up to our satellite dish.
However it picks up a slight herringbone pattern. There are no cars or
machines running nearby. I actually replaced the antenna and the coax and
checked cleaned and tightened all the fittings and it's still there.
Any ideas?

Herringbone is usually interference from another transmittor, probably
radio, is it on all channels? probably, with one worse than the others.

It would be usefull if you could supply your postcode, the first group
of digits would be enough, as it is possible to check out reception
conditions in your area.
http://www.wolfbane.com/
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tva.exe?

The above links should help a bit, but then you need to find out about
radio transmittors too, you may have more luck pointing at a different
transmittor (if possible).
It might also be an illegal transmission or taxi firm but I suspect it will
be a legit transmittor.
Again without a postcode to get the local info it's hard so give much
more assistance.
By the way I did have a similar problems solved by pointing at a
different transmittor.

Also you could get a freeview box, (for less than £30) and go digital.
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe?

The herringbone interference is highly unlilkely/will not affect the
digital signal.

Better coax etc, will make no difference, as you found, as you just
get a better TV signal and a better herringbone intefernce too so
no overall gain.

Tx

ds

--
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?" Satchell Paige