DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bose acoustimass subwoofer repair (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/121315-bose-acoustimass-subwoofer-repair.html)

x September 18th 05 02:14 AM

bose acoustimass subwoofer repair

Anyone knows how to open a bose subwoofer that does not appear to have any
screws?

kip September 18th 05 01:41 PM

Chop saw...

Arfa Daily September 18th 05 07:28 PM

"x" wrote in message
Anyone knows how to open a bose subwoofer that does not appear to have any
screws?

Two screws at the bottom. Then at the top, look in the gap between the
plastic and the wood to see a thin piece of plastic. This is a rotating '
snail cam '. Rotate it until it sticks up using a scalpel blade or similar.
Now turn the unit on its front with that cam towards you. Look carefully
again in the gap, and you will see two plastic latches. Again, using the
scalpel blade, push them slightly out of the way, whilst pushing the plastic
back away from you - ie towards the bottom wher you took out the two screws.
The back should then slide off.

If you still can't do it, mail me direct, and I'll do you a pdf of the
instructions in the manual, which don't say much other than what I have
said, but have a couple of ( not very good ) pictures.

What is the problem with the unit ?

Arfa