Eric

Default child lock on sharp VCRS

Does anyone know how to disable the child lock on a sharp VCR were the
PINumber has been forgotten?

nvic

usually four zeros

Eric

thanks for that nvic
Sorry I never got back to you
I was tring to help someone else out and they have not got back to me

I had a few other, I fiind via google, but it appears they did not work

VCM26
Child lock removal (pin no n/k)
Press & hold lock key on r/c - lock symbol then displayed, Press & hold
st/by on r/c & front of vcr for 3 secs. VCR will shut down & clear child
lock

Simultaneously press the standby buttons on the
front panel and the remote control.

VCMH67
Childlock removal when PIN not known
Press "Childlock" on R/C - when display changes to 4 dashes waiting for
correct code press St/by on R/C & front panel together

nvic wrote in message
ups.com...
usually four zeros

Eric

thanks for that nvic
Sorry I never got back to you
I was tring to help someone else out and they have not got back to me

I had a few other, I fiind via google, but it appears they did not
work

VCM26
Child lock removal (pin no n/k)
Press & hold lock key on r/c - lock symbol then displayed, Press
& hold
st/by on r/c & front of vcr for 3 secs. VCR will shut down &
clear child
lock

Simultaneously press the standby buttons on the
front panel and the remote control.

VCMH67
Childlock removal when PIN not known
Press "Childlock" on R/C - when display changes to 4 dashes waiting
for
correct code press St/by on R/C & front panel together

nvic wrote in message
ups.com...
usually four zeros

nvic

try unplugging? (after unplugging, wait at least one hour). Also, what
is the feature called? Also, what model is it? Please let me know, nvic

nvic

I tested other ways of removing the child lock from sharp VCRs. The
four zeros, i also was able to get it to un set via unplugging.
sometimes, you can't remove the child lock with these methods. Is the
child lock called "Tamper Proof" and is there a key symbol in the
display? If so, check the manual for this info (troubleshooting
section). Please let me know, nvic

Gerard Bok

On 23 Sep 2005 18:03:50 -0700, "nvic" wrote:

I tested other ways of removing the child lock from sharp VCRs. The
four zeros, i also was able to get it to un set via unplugging.
sometimes, you can't remove the child lock with these methods. Is the
child lock called "Tamper Proof" and is there a key symbol in the
display? If so, check the manual for this info (troubleshooting
section). Please let me know, nvic

My Sharp VCR unlocks when the play button is kept depressed for 5
or more seconds :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

Gerard Bok

Gerard Bok wrote in message
On 23 Sep 2005 18:03:50 -0700, "nvic" wrote:

My Sharp VCR unlocks when the play button is kept depressed for 5
or more seconds :-)

Sorry. I have to correct my earlier reply.
I went to test your question and found out, that my Sharp does
not unlock on '5 seconds play'. (Akai will though :-)

Sharp has a 'key'-key on the remote control only.
The manual says, that pulling the mains plug for an hour or two
will reset the child lock.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok
Eric

On one old set (can not remember the make, model) I removed the back up
battery

Once I even took out the EEPROM and saved it to computer file, cleared it,
then put the EEPROM back, I think from memory it worked.