DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   compaq p110 630 monitor going to standby (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/119802-compaq-p110-630-monitor-going-standby.html)

Francis September 5th 05 09:10 PM

Compaq P110 630 Monitor going to standby

I have a Compaq P110 monitor. When I switch on the monitor without connecting the video cable it displays a massage (CHECK VIDEO CABLE) for a long time . when I connect the video cable and start the computer the monitor displays (GOING TO STRND BY) massage only. Even when I connect it to another CPU it does not work. I have tested the video cable on other monitors and found out that it's working. Any ideas on what has gone wrong or what to look for? Anyone else had similar problem.

Website to checkout for ideas?

James Sweet September 6th 05 02:11 AM

"Francis" wrote in message

I have a Compaq P110 monitor. when I start the computer the monitor
displays
GOING TO STRND BY massage only. I have tested the cable which connects
to the CPU on other monitors and it's working. Any ideas on what has

--
Francis

Have you tried it on another computer? Many monitors will go into standby if
the resolution or refresh rate is set outside their limits.