Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

Default Sony TA-F235R Seconday voltages of transformer ??? Schematics wanted

Hi,

I have a Sony TA-F235R integrated amplifier. It seems that the transformer
has died. Is there anyone who can tell me wich secondary voltages are used
in this amp?

In a perfect world somebody had a copy of the schematics or servicemanual he
could e-mail me.

tia
Knud

e-mail (remove skip from adress when replying)

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 17:13:18 +0200, "Lisbeth og Knud Schøler"
wrote:

Hi,

I have a Sony TA-F235R integrated amplifier. It seems that the transformer
has died. Is there anyone who can tell me wich secondary voltages are used
in this amp?

That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the
primary and secondaries?

Tom

In a perfect world somebody had a copy of the schematics or servicemanual he
could e-mail me.

tia
Knud

e-mail (remove skip from adress when replying)

Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

SNIP
That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the
primary and secondaries?

Tom

SNIP

Primary has no reading - that is infinite
Secondaries (there are 2) seems to be somewhere in the region of 4-12 ohms.

Knud

Lisbeth og Knud Schøler

That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the
primary and secondaries?

Tom

Maybe its some sort of internal thermal fuse ?

Knud

Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 19:41:24 +0200, "Lisbeth og Knud Schøler"
wrote:

That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the
primary and secondaries?

Tom

Maybe its some sort of internal thermal fuse ?

Knud

Likely...I think those are repairable in some cases.

Tom

Rono

If you have no secondaries at all, especially raw AC on
the main power transformer (some units have a second
cotrol transformer), the primary may be open, & it is NOT
infinity, it's low, but make sure the mechanical switch is on.
If the transformer is open primary, sometimes you can repair
it, even without opening it up, depending on which unit it is.
There may be an extra winding you could use. Hope this helps,
Rono.

Arfa Daily

wrote:

That's rare, I think. What resistance measurements do you get on the
primary and secondaries?

Tom

Maybe its some sort of internal thermal fuse ?

Knud

Likely...I think those are repairable in some cases.

Tom

But not many, and unfortunately never, in my experience, with Sony kit. The
failure for no apparent reason, of transformer thermal fuses, seems to be
getting more and more common. I think a lot of it may be to do with owners
putting all of their lounge equipment in one fancy cabinet with a glass door

Arfa

Mark D. Zacharias

"Lisbeth og Knud Schøler" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

I have a Sony TA-F235R integrated amplifier. It seems that the transformer
has died. Is there anyone who can tell me wich secondary voltages are used
in this amp?

In a perfect world somebody had a copy of the schematics or servicemanual
he could e-mail me.

tia
Knud

e-mail (remove skip from adress when replying)

The Main DC rails are rated at + and - 32.4 volts.

The service manual is about 5.5 meg if you can take an attachment that size.

You can mail me direct at:

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.

peta777

The service manual is about 5.5 meg if you can take an attachment that
size.

You can mail me direct at:

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.
I need tech. documents for Sony TA-F235R --- You can send me
) copy of the schematics or servicemanual for SONY
TA-F235R ?

THANKS

--
peta777