DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony TC-K611S capstan motor noise (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/119400-sony-tc-k611s-capstan-motor-noise.html)

rm September 2nd 05 12:39 AM

Sony TC-K611S capstan motor noise

Hi,

I have a 12-year old Sony TC-K611S tape deck that has hardly been used,
but the capstan motor has recently started making a noise when I turn
the unit on. I searched the web and found a German site that has
cataloged this problem, but one has to sign up to view the solution,
and the sign-up involves installing an ActiveX control which I don't
trust.

Is this something that can be easily fixed? Is it just a matter of
lubricating some gears or do I have to replace the motor? If you have a
PDF service manual for this deck, can you email it to me at
googlegroups at rmxco dot com?

Thanks in advance.

Rono September 2nd 05 03:13 AM

Strip down, clean, & relube the motor, & it will
be fine! Rono.

rm September 2nd 05 04:21 AM

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm handy with electronics, but not a
pro...can you tell me or point me to a resource that tells me how I
strip it down and re-lube, and with what kind of lube? Thanks.