Junior Member

Unhappy RCA Model P52927 Won't turn on and makes a chirping sound

I have a 52" RCA Projection TV Model P52927 which just turned off one day and won't turn on. When I plug it in it makes a chirping sound, the sound stops when its unplugged. Hitting the power button doesn't stop the chirping when it’s plugged in.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

nmurad wrote:
I have a 52" RCA Projection TV Model P52927 which just turned off one
day and won't turn on. When I plug it in it makes a chirping sound, the
sound stops when its unplugged. Hitting the power button doesn't stop
the chirping when it's plugged in.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

--
nmurad

Something is loading down the switch mode power supply. The set needs
troubleshot and repaired looking for what is loading down the smps.

Is that you, Rono ? ?

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmurad
I have a 52" RCA Projection TV Model P52927 which just turned off one day and won't turn on. When I plug it in it makes a chirping sound, the sound stops when its unplugged. Hitting the power button doesn't stop the chirping when it’s plugged in.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Not sure what a CTC number is here is everything off the back.

Model is P56927
Serial No. 035651397
Service No. P56927YX1
Chassis No. PTK195M1P

Volts = 120
Watts Max 220
HZ: 60

kip

Flyback and maybe the HOT....
kip
"nmurad" wrote in message

nmurad Wrote:
I have a 52" RCA Projection TV Model P52927 which just turned off one
day and won't turn on. When I plug it in it makes a chirping sound, the
sound stops when its unplugged. Hitting the power button doesn't stop
the chirping when it's plugged in.
Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Not sure what a CTC number is here is everything off the back.

Model is P56927
Serial No. 035651397
Service No. P56927YX1
Chassis No. PTK195M1P

Volts = 120
Watts Max 220
HZ: 60

--
nmurad

Too good to be true? Gene T Woodworking 222 August 2nd 05 10:03 PM
Duct makes a Thud Sound CJ Home Repair 8 January 22nd 05 04:02 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
sony kv-27s35 tv is dead, makes sound when it is plugged into the outlet w/o power turned on Sathees Electronics Repair 0 May 3rd 04 03:06 PM
RCA TV CTC169 (BG5) F35750ST Wont come out of standby - Ticking sound when Power button is pressed Electronics Repair 0 September 25th 03 06:25 PM