DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Technics receiver center channel goes out at low volume (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/118812-technics-receiver-center-channel-goes-out-low-volume.html)

michael conner August 28th 05 07:30 PM

Technics receiver center channel goes out at low volume

Hi all,

Have a Technics home theater receiver. Have an intermittent problem
with center channel -- sometimes after turning on receiver will get no
sound from center channel, but it's possible to turn up the volume
until the center channel just comes on. I can then turn down the
volume and the center channel stays on.

Have checked speaker wire connections, even changed out the wire.
After a couple of searches on Google Groups, it sounds like it is a
"speaker protection relay" problem. Does that sound right? Is this
something that can be readily fixed with, say, a can of compressed air?
(There was quite a bit of dust over the ventilation grill...) If so,
are these things relatively easy to find inside the receiver?

Thanks in advance!

Jerry G. August 29th 05 01:17 AM

I have seen a defective protection relay do this many times. Sometimes
they can be poped open and their contacts cleaned. This is a delicate
job and shuld be done by someone experienced. Replacing the relay is
the proper solution. The relay should be available from any supplier
for panasonc parts. In most models this relay is soldered to the
circuit board. It should be changed by a service technician.

Arfa Daily August 29th 05 01:47 AM

"Jerry G." wrote in message
ups.com...
I have seen a defective protection relay do this many times. Sometimes
they can be poped open and their contacts cleaned. This is a delicate
job and shuld be done by someone experienced. Replacing the relay is
the proper solution. The relay should be available from any supplier
for panasonc parts. In most models this relay is soldered to the
circuit board. It should be changed by a service technician.

Agreed as a second opinion

Arfa

michael conner August 29th 05 02:49 AM

Jerry G. wrote:
I have seen a defective protection relay do this many times. Sometimes
they can be poped open and their contacts cleaned. This is a delicate
job and shuld be done by someone experienced. Replacing the relay is
the proper solution. The relay should be available from any supplier
for panasonc parts. In most models this relay is soldered to the
circuit board. It should be changed by a service technician.

Cheers, thanks for the advice. Will look into getting it fixed.