Junior Member

Send a message via Yahoo to okclm
Default RCA F31633SB / CTC187CN2 Dead

The power supply fuse is blown and the 2.7k ohm resistor measures open. Does anyone have schematic for this unit? Power supply diodes don't measure shorted. Before I replace the resistor and fuse, is there anything else to check?

Thanks in advance,
Charles
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by okclm
The power supply fuse is blown and the 2.7k ohm resistor measures open. Does anyone have schematic for this unit? Power supply diodes don't measure shorted. Before I replace the resistor and fuse, is there anything else to check?

Thanks in advance,
Charles
charles there are a few things to check before replacing the fuse & "2.7 ohm" resistor.140V b+ line has to be right & horizontal output has to be checked as well as regulator ic to make sure it's regulating at 140v.good luck

Junior Member

Send a message via Yahoo to okclm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmanitou
charles there are a few things to check before replacing the fuse & "2.7 ohm" resistor.140V b+ line has to be right & horizontal output has to be checked as well as regulator ic to make sure it's regulating at 140v.good luck
I don't have a schematic and I though the resistor was 2.7k ohms. Are you saying it is only 2.7 ohms?

Also, is the b+ marked on the board?

Do you know of a source for the replacement resistor?

Thanks for your help!