DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Broken hitachi 28" widescreen TV - advise needed (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/118744-broken-hitachi-28%22-widescreen-tv-advise-needed.html)

[email protected] August 28th 05 03:03 AM

Broken hitachi 28" widescreen TV - advise needed

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause the picture issues
seen he

http://pookey.co.uk/gallery2/v/tv/

Is anyone able to get hold of service manuals for this TV?

Advise welcome.

Rich Webb August 28th 05 03:31 AM

On 27 Aug 2005 19:03:29 -0700, wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause the picture issues
seen he

http://pookey.co.uk/gallery2/v/tv/

Is anyone able to get hold of service manuals for this TV?

Advise welcome.

Very off-the-wall guess but is there a chance that the set or the source
(DVD?) is dual PAL/NTSC and it has accidently been set to NTSC?

For manuals, one would need the part number from the set's label.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

[email protected] August 28th 05 05:51 AM

it even happens like this when using the built in tuner, so it's not
the source.

it's a C28W440 (I'm pretty sure, I'm away from home, but googling would
suggest that this is what I have - it looks like it)

Thanks for your post.

b August 28th 05 11:23 AM

wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas as to what might cause the picture issues
seen he

http://pookey.co.uk/gallery2/v/tv/

Is anyone able to get hold of service manuals for this TV?

Advise welcome.

you have a problem in the E-W pincushion circuit. probably an open
resistor. If not experienced in TV repair.... Get it to a tech!
Ben

[email protected] August 30th 05 04:01 PM

Thanks for the help. I have a slight background in Electronics, so I
think I might have a crack at this myself. I would rather blow up a
=A3250 TV and buy a new one, then pay =A3150 to get it fixed.... the =A3100
price difference is worth the risk IMO. Can anyone suggest a place I
could get a service manual for this TV, either in PDF or a hard copy?

Many Thanks,

Ian

kip August 30th 05 06:11 PM

How abt Hitachi they have them...

kip
wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the help. I have a slight background in Electronics, so I
think I might have a crack at this myself. I would rather blow up a
250 TV and buy a new one, then pay 150 to get it fixed.... the 100

[email protected] August 30th 05 07:42 PM

From their site:
'Generally speaking ESTA is only available to authorised service shops
and is issued under the control of each local Hitachi sales office.'.

I've looked on google to try to find places selling manuals, however
haven't had much luck.
I've sent an email to hitachi but I'm not holding my breath for that to
result in anything useful.

Any other suggestions?

Ian French August 30th 05 08:17 PM

wrote in message
ups.com...
From their site:

'Generally speaking ESTA is only available to authorised service shops
and is issued under the control of each local Hitachi sales office.'.

I've looked on google to try to find places selling manuals, however
haven't had much luck.
I've sent an email to hitachi but I'm not holding my breath for that to
result in anything useful.

Any other suggestions?

Hitachi c28W440 ?
Try this site http://www.highlandelectrix.fsnet.co.uk/myweb/tvs.html
follow the links and you will find that this is a Vestel 11AK33 chassis.
Follow this link, lots of faults suggested.

Ian.

[email protected] August 30th 05 10:20 PM

C28W440N, I think it's a UK only TV, but i'm not too sure. Thanks for
your help.

Ian

kip August 30th 05 10:58 PM

Yep it is whats the chassis number ?