Todd K.

Default Fixed APEX 1500 with C19

This just fixed my problem as well. Check for those bulging tops.

Todd K.

Got this unit with an intermittant problem, sometimes it'd play
fine, other
times the display was corrupted, sometimes it would wig out for no
apparent
reason. Opened it up and found C19, a 1000 uF 16v electrolytic
capacitor
bulging at the top, replaced it and all is well.

MarkC

I wasn't so lucky with my APEX. I replaced a buldged C450 on a
AT2708S/CH-10C and the relay still clicks on/off constantly

Do Little2

"Todd K." wrote in message
oups.com...
This just fixed my problem as well. Check for those bulging tops.

Todd K.

If it uses a switching power supply than you
do well to check the B+ voltage!

As a rule, capacitors do not bulge for no apparent reason.
You might find that the feedback, I belief in this case is a
faulty opto-coupler. With no feedback at all, it will drive
ALL the voltages way up.

Got this unit with an intermittant problem, sometimes it'd play
fine, other
times the display was corrupted, sometimes it would wig out for no
apparent
reason. Opened it up and found C19, a 1000 uF 16v electrolytic
capacitor
bulging at the top, replaced it and all is well.

James Sweet

"Todd K." wrote in message
oups.com...
This just fixed my problem as well. Check for those bulging tops.

Todd K.

I've fixed several of them with that problem, other than that they seem to
be pretty reliable units.

James Sweet

"Do Little2" wrote in message

"Todd K." wrote in message
oups.com...
This just fixed my problem as well. Check for those bulging tops.

Todd K.

If it uses a switching power supply than you
do well to check the B+ voltage!

As a rule, capacitors do not bulge for no apparent reason.
You might find that the feedback, I belief in this case is a
faulty opto-coupler. With no feedback at all, it will drive
ALL the voltages way up.

A lot of these had caps made with the bad electrolyte which bulge for that
reason, fortunatly that stock seems to be used up, I haven't had the problem
occur in newer stuff.