DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   FA: Sony PVM-1271Q PAL-NTSC Dead (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/118464-fa-sony-pvm-1271q-pal-ntsc-dead.html)

Clive Tobin August 26th 05 02:58 AM

FA: Sony PVM-1271Q PAL-NTSC Dead

This one suddenly quit quietly without any fuss or smoke. I am guessing
that the horizontal deflection circuit failed by something opening
rather than shorting. The tube had no burns that I could see and was
working fine beforehand. Unit has (had?) NTSC, PAL, SECAM etc. plus
underscan. I am guessing that the tube and most of it is still fine but
who knows?

This could be a great chance for someone who knows what they are doing
to get it for 99 cents, fix it, and sell for a huge profit. Or maybe
not. Or may be good for parts (picture tube?) Item is located in
Spokane Valley WA.

Alternatively, does anyone know exactly which part to suspect? I do not
have a schematic and do not claim to be a TV repairman. It does not
sound like there is any HV crackle when turned on.