DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sony KV27TS29 Sides Bow In (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/117885-sony-kv27ts29-sides-bow.html)

gymsurely August 22nd 05 03:12 AM

Sony KV27TS29 Sides Bow In

It looks like the problem is IC501 (TDA8172). Does this make sense? The
picture returns to normal if I tap the part. I'm not an electronics
person but I'm tempted to buy a part and replace it.

Andy August 22nd 05 02:31 PM

and the capacitors in this area,which may have dried up
"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 22:12:28 -0400, "gymsurely"
wrote:

It looks like the problem is IC501 (TDA8172). Does this make sense? The
picture returns to normal if I tap the part. I'm not an electronics
person but I'm tempted to buy a part and replace it.

first, check for dry joints in the area around the IC. It might be
that simple....

[email protected] August 22nd 05 04:49 PM

gymsurely wrote:
It looks like the problem is IC501 (TDA8172). Does this make sense? The
picture returns to normal if I tap the part. I'm not an electronics
person but I'm tempted to buy a part and replace it.

It must be some part nearby, maybe even mounted on the same aluminum
plate, but definitely not this IC. Your error is in the E/W circuit,
this IC handles vertical deflection. Most of the time the E/W regulator
transistor or some related coils will have bad solder connections.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.

gymsurely August 23rd 05 03:13 AM

I reflowed and/or added some solder on about 12 pins around the IC. All
looks well again.

Thanks

b August 23rd 05 10:33 PM

gymsurely wrote:
It looks like the problem is IC501 (TDA8172). Does this make sense? The
picture returns to normal if I tap the part. I'm not an electronics
person but I'm tempted to buy a part and replace it.

i recall repairing a kv27ex about 3 years ago with this condition.
there was a geometry daughterboard at the rear of the main pcb which
had dry joints where it joined the main pcb. I also cleaned all the
pots on it to be sure.

hope this helps, Ben