DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Anyone here in Canada?????? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/117767-anyone-here-canada.html)

Rono August 21st 05 12:04 AM

Anyone here in Canada??????

Got a Canadian Tire Sylvania T.V., when turned on
the flyback, & PWM transformer squeal, & unit won't
come on! I think it's the flyback. Can't get a human on
the phone from the canadian manufacturer! Anyone got
any ideas? Model # 6427 CTC. Rono.

ryan weihl August 21st 05 12:59 AM

Rono wrote:
Got a Canadian Tire Sylvania T.V., when turned on
the flyback, & PWM transformer squeal, & unit won't
come on! I think it's the flyback. Can't get a human on
the phone from the canadian manufacturer! Anyone got
any ideas? Model # 6427 CTC. Rono.

you got to take it back to cdn tire
rw

James Sweet August 21st 05 03:02 AM

"Rono" wrote in message
Got a Canadian Tire Sylvania T.V., when turned on
the flyback, & PWM transformer squeal, & unit won't
come on! I think it's the flyback. Can't get a human on
the phone from the canadian manufacturer! Anyone got
any ideas? Model # 6427 CTC. Rono.

Does it list a chassis number?

Franc Zabkar August 21st 05 10:18 AM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:34:48 -0230, "Rono" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Got a Canadian Tire Sylvania T.V., when turned on
the flyback, & PWM transformer squeal, & unit won't
come on! I think it's the flyback. Can't get a human on
the phone from the canadian manufacturer! Anyone got
any ideas? Model # 6427 CTC. Rono.

Did you check the HOT or ring test the flyback? Is the B+ OK on a
dummy load?

- Franc Zabkar

Tom MacIntyre August 21st 05 03:46 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 20:34:48 -0230, "Rono" wrote:

Got a Canadian Tire Sylvania T.V., when turned on
the flyback, & PWM transformer squeal, & unit won't
come on! I think it's the flyback. Can't get a human on
the phone from the canadian manufacturer! Anyone got
any ideas? Model # 6427 CTC. Rono.

That model had a couple of recurring problems, one with a couple of
LVPS transistors going bad (they were located very close to the
hole/cutout in the board, if it's the model I am thinking of) and a
filter capacitor failing, but I don't remember this particular fault,
sorry.

Tom

Cobalt August 22nd 05 04:54 PM

what are the numbers on the white sticker on the flyback?