captain

Default RCA TV - F32665 - horizontal band across screen

Woke up this morning put on the TV to watch the news and all I got was
a narrow band going across the screen. Its a horizontal band
strectching across the entire screen. I can see it change colors as if
the picture was just squashed down to the small 1/4" high band. The TV
is about 4 to 5 years old, its a 32" RCA. Any ideas as to what might be
wrong with it?

I have heard from another forum that it might be the "vertical chip",
but im not quite sure what that is?

Thanks in advance

-Travis

kip

Its a CTC203 best pull out chassis and check all soldering for bad
connections first.
Pull out choke connected to Hor Out Transistor clean off glue on choke and
in the holes.
Then reinsert...
May have to ESR the filter caps in the Vertical section.

kip
"captain" wrote in message
oups.com...
Woke up this morning put on the TV to watch the news and all I got was
a narrow band going across the screen. Its a horizontal band
strectching across the entire screen. I can see it change colors as if
the picture was just squashed down to the small 1/4" high band. The TV
is about 4 to 5 years old, its a 32" RCA. Any ideas as to what might be
wrong with it?

I have heard from another forum that it might be the "vertical chip",
but im not quite sure what that is?

Thanks in advance

-Travis

captain

thanks for the quick response Kip. Do you know anywhere on the internet
i can download the schematic for this TV. I plan on working on it over
the weekend.

Thanks again

Jumpster Jiver

kip wrote:
No! Sorry
kip
"captain" wrote in message
oups.com...

thanks for the quick response Kip. Do you know anywhere on the internet
i can download the schematic for this TV. I plan on working on it over
the weekend.

Thanks again

If you're not quite sure what the vertical chip is I don't think a
schematic will help you. Better to have a TV technician check and
repair it.