DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Color Output Transistor ID (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/116666-color-output-transistor-id.html)

Tom August 11th 05 09:16 PM

Color Output Transistor ID

I am trying to identify the red color output transistor on my Zenith
model sy2551s.

Sams' Photofact lists it as:
Item # Q5103
Mfr. # 121-1291-01
NTE Part # NTE157

The stamp on the body of the transistor consists of three rows of id as
follows:
The top row is a logo that looks like an R
The second row reads: C5147
The bottom row reads: D 650

C5147
D 650

The bottom row of the green and blue transistors say D 651 instead,
but I don't know if that's important.

Finally, where can I find a replacement? Do they have these at radio
shack, or another walk-in electronics place? I don't know if i can
order 1-2 transistors online (shipping may cost alot too).

Thanks for any help.

kip August 11th 05 11:07 PM

2SC5147
is
NTE376

kip
oups.com...

Ian French August 12th 05 05:08 PM

"Tom" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Hi,
This is probabally a 2SC5147, it is stocked by DALBANI in the UK, you could
try Dalbani in the US if that's where you are.

Ian.

Kaycho August 15th 05 06:31 PM

Thanks much guys!

Kaycho August 15th 05 06:58 PM

Sorry, but how did you guys know it was a 2S? Is that what the R means?

RonKZ650 August 15th 05 09:50 PM

All transistors that start with a B, C or D use the 2S prefix.