DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   DENON AVR-1803 TROUBLESHOOTING HELP!! (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/116184-denon-avr-1803-troubleshooting-help.html)

catsfan August 7th 05 05:16 PM

DENON AVR-1803 TROUBLESHOOTING HELP!!

I have a 5 year old denon avr-1803 receiver that has a problem. None
of the video input jacks seem to be working - this is just the regular
rca plug ones including all on the back and the aux one on the front -
digital audio and svideo not affected. anyone with a clue to help?

[email protected] August 7th 05 06:08 PM

Which output are you using to feed to the monitor or tv set?
S-video or RCA?
Tell us more.

catsfan August 7th 05 07:38 PM

s-video to the tv set; i have not used these jacks in a long time and
unclear if they were in use in the past

catsfan August 7th 05 07:38 PM

kip August 7th 05 08:08 PM

So its possible you have it connected wrong ?
Double check all versus the instruction manual.

kip
ups.com...

Jumpster Jiver August 7th 05 08:14 PM

catsfan wrote:
s-video to the tv set; i have not used these jacks in a long time and
unclear if they were in use in the past

That may be your problem right there. Check the owners manual to be
sure but I don't think that unit will convert S-Video to Composite or
the other way around. In other words if you feed video to the RCA
inputs you must use the RCA outputs and if you use the S-Video inputs it
will only feed the S-Video outs.
Some units will do the conversion for you and others won't but I think
that's your problem.

[email protected] August 7th 05 11:44 PM

Unit is working as designed. S-video in to s-video out, composite in
to composite out. The receiver is only a switcher, not an s-video to
composite converter.

catsfan August 8th 05 05:03 AM

you are a genius!!! many many thanks