DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Panasonic VCR model NV-HD100B shuts down (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/115960-panasonic-vcr-model-nv-hd100b-shuts-down.html)

Rubbishrat August 5th 05 11:34 AM

Panasonic VCR model NV-HD100B shuts down

Hello, All!

My Panasonic VCR model NV-HD100B shuts down when asked to play or re-wind a
tape. If I switch on again I hear a noise like a motor is being overloaded
and then it shuts down again. If I remove the tape manually It fires up OK,
might even play a tape but before long it makes that noise again and shuts
down. I don't see anything obviously wrong, is there a stock fault with
these models?What should I be looking for ?
With best regards, Rubbishrat. E-mail:

WIGGY August 5th 05 12:53 PM

Probly the mode switch or worn gear maybe in the idler assembly, probly not
worth fixing, if you don`t know how to fix it yourself, probly more to fix
it than to buy a new one.

John August 5th 05 10:46 PM

Get a hair drier warm up the power supply if it runs ok when hot change the
electrolytic capacitors in the PSU.
John.