DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SONY STR-D611 part ID??? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/115945-sony-str-d611-part-id.html)

Salmo August 5th 05 02:24 AM

SONY STR-D611 part ID???

I have a SONY STR-D611 A/V receiver that I need either a: service
manual, part #, part specs. It's diode D816 on board 1-647-564-13 (the AC
distribution board right where the power cord comes in.)

The AC is ok to the board so it's not something as simple as the power cord
(darn it) but there's nothing coming out to the transformer. The fuse is ok
and there's nothing burned. I've narrowed it to D816 which is reading .230
each way on a diode checker.

Any help with this part appreciated. I've tried numerous places, including
the SONY site, so my only chance is a shop or technician that has a
manual. I CAN get an un-stuffed board...Not much help Must be some tech out
there with the info???

Thanks

Rono August 5th 05 04:28 AM

Most likely, main AC power transformer has an
open primary! Diode is likely ok, hard to measure
in circuit sometimes! Some units have a smaller AC
transformer! Check this also! The main transformer
likely has a built-in fusible link! Hope this helps! Rono.

Mark D. Zacharias August 5th 05 10:21 AM

Salmo wrote:
I have a SONY STR-D611 A/V receiver that I need either a: service
manual, part #, part specs. It's diode D816 on board 1-647-564-13
(the AC distribution board right where the power cord comes in.)

The AC is ok to the board so it's not something as simple as the
power cord (darn it) but there's nothing coming out to the
transformer. The fuse is ok and there's nothing burned. I've
narrowed it to D816 which is reading .230 each way on a diode checker.

Any help with this part appreciated. I've tried numerous places,
including the SONY site, so my only chance is a shop or technician
that has a manual. I CAN get an un-stuffed board...Not much help Must be
some
tech out there with the info???

Thanks

This diode sits across the power relay coil. It's probably OK. I can e-mail
you the service manual if you can take a 5.3 meg attachment.

You may e-mail me direct at:

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.

Salmo August 6th 05 09:37 PM

Mark...I tried e-mailing you as per your instruction but it bounced back..

If you read this, I would most certainly like to have the service manual and
have cleaned out my inbox to make room for it.

Keith