Sam Nickaby

Default Sanyo oven weak.

We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four
months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to
roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than
usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message

Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Replace it.

~^Johnny^~

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
JANA

The heating elements, or control module may need to be replaced. If this is
a counter top type oven that you are talking about, it would be more
feasible to replace it with a new one.

--

JANA
_____

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
m...
We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four
months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to
roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than
usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Thanks

NSM

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
m...

We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four
months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to
roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than
usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Check your warranty.

Sam Goldwasser

"Sam Nickaby" writes:

We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four
months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to
roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than
usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Describe the controls that it has.

Is there a temperature control that might have also been soaked
in melted butter?

Normally, the filaments (heating coils or heating elements) do not
fail in a manner that can result in significantly lower temperature.
They usually die completely.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror: http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Sam Nickaby

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote
"Sam Nickaby" writes:

We've been satisfied with a Sanyo convection oven for four
months. Now I have to turn the temperature setting to maximum to
roast chickens and fishes. The filaments tend to glow dimmer than
usual. Usually it's bright orange, now it's dull orange. I notice the
decline in performance when a chunk of melted butter soaked the
lower filament. What can I do to increase the filament glow?

Describe the controls that it has.
Is there a temperature control that might have also been soaked
in melted butter?
Normally, the filaments (heating coils or heating elements) do not
fail in a manner that can result in significantly lower temperature.
They usually die completely.

The controls aren't soaked. They operate fine. Here's a picture of the
model I got from Amazon.com. http://tinyurl.com/a5nsx "1350-watt
digital convection oven quickly cooks, bakes, toasts, and reheats; Full-
width top and bottom quartz heaters and twin convection inlets for even
heating; 5 temperature-control settings; adjustable toast-shade control; 40-
minute timer. "

Since I also notice that it took longer to cook the same meal, could
crud may have blocked the convention fans or a heat sensor?

Sam Goldwasser

"Sam Nickaby" writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote
"Sam Nickaby" writes:

[...]

Either of those are possibilities though I'd suspect a problem with the
heat sensor (crud or otherwise) before the fan.