Rotareneg

Default Best Buy Insignia 20" TV ( IS-TV040919 ) service mode found

If anyone else out there with this TV was wondering how to get into the
service mode on this TV, I found it.

First, open up the remote control. I found this easily done by prying
the bottom half of the case outwards at the rear end and then sticking
another screwdriver in to the gap to hold it open. Then work your way
around the case prying outwards on the bottom half, this should release
the latches without any trouble at all.

With the case open you'll notice that there many buttons that are
normally not accessible. Some of these don't have an actual "switch"
under them, but others do. The two that are of interest here are the one
directly under the "lock" button (that runs the parental controls) and
to the left of that one, x'ed below:

[ ] [lock]
[xxxx] [xxxx]

With the TV on, press the left button and then the right (no holding
required.) The word TEST should appear in the upper right corner of the
screen. The number keys select different menus, #1 probably being the
most useful. It has the geometry controls, I was able to shrink the
vertical size down to 16x9 and still have a little extra adjustment left
over. #3 has some video adjustments like red, green, and blue drive
along with some others I'm not sure of. If you go messing around with
the settings it would be a good idea to write down the settings before
you go changing them so you can set everything back to normal afterwards
if something goes wrong. Press the number of the menu you're currently
on and it'll go away but stay in test mode. Press the right "hidden"
button to exit test mode. Afterwards I just punched some holes through
the plastic overlay on the top of the remote so that I can easily switch
from 4x3 to 16x9 operation.
Rotareneg

Oh, forgot to mention how to change the settings, doh!

Channel + and - keys change the highlighted setting, volume + and -
change the value.