canmoe

Default KP-53XBR25 SONY COLOR REAR VIDEO PROJECTOR TV

Can someone please help,for some reason when I turn the tv on the sound
works fine, But the picture flashes on and off. This does the same thing
on TV or games or threw the VCR. The speed of the flashing is not
consistant. The shop said it could be fixed for about two hundred
dollars,I think most of that is labor. I dont have that kind of money, But
I could maybe buy the parts and fix it myself with a little help,
PLEASE can someone HELP, Thank You for your time!

kip

Get them to breakdown the estimate then you will know .
By the way its very doubtful that you can fix it on your own.
kip

"canmoe" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Can someone please help,for some reason when I turn the tv on the sound
works fine, But the picture flashes on and off. This does the same thing
on TV or games or threw the VCR. The speed of the flashing is not
consistant.

The shop said it could be fixed for about two hundred
dollars,I think most of that is labor.

I dont have that kind of money, But
I could maybe buy the parts and fix it myself with a little help,
PLEASE can someone HELP, Thank You for your time!

Tom MacIntyre

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 06:44:29 -0400, "kip" wrote:

Get them to breakdown the estimate then you will know .
By the way its very doubtful that you can fix it on your own.
kip

Yes...if it is one of my most likely suspects, for $200 the shop will
take a loss.

Tom

"canmoe" wrote in message
alkaboutelectronicequipment.com...
Can someone please help,for some reason when I turn the tv on the sound
works fine, But the picture flashes on and off. This does the same thing
on TV or games or threw the VCR. The speed of the flashing is not
consistant.

The shop said it could be fixed for about two hundred
dollars,I think most of that is labor.

I dont have that kind of money, But
I could maybe buy the parts and fix it myself with a little help,
PLEASE can someone HELP, Thank You for your time!

Ditto, given the fact that everything else is working and the tubes are
simply going into blanking off and on. Odds are very high that the
picture tubes are worn out and the AKB circuit can no longer
compensate.

To start on this repair the AKB circuit will need a proper check of the
drive and return pulse as the tubes warm up to confirm.

For $200 they will take a huge loss, three picture tubes on a Sony XBR
~900 parts cost.

Leonard Caillouet

wrote in message
oups.com...
Ditto, given the fact that everything else is working and the tubes are
simply going into blanking off and on. Odds are very high that the
picture tubes are worn out and the AKB circuit can no longer
compensate.

To start on this repair the AKB circuit will need a proper check of the
drive and return pulse as the tubes warm up to confirm.

For $200 they will take a huge loss, three picture tubes on a Sony XBR
~900 parts cost.

$200 for a fix that lasts a few months...

Leonard