DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   My Denon DCT-970R car cd player died on me (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/114186-my-denon-dct-970r-car-cd-player-died-me.html)

John S. Flood July 21st 05 05:03 PM

My Denon DCT-970R car cd player died on me

I have been looking all over the internet for a service manual / schematic
for my Denon DCT-970R.
No luck. I can't even find the player on Denon's site http://www.denon.com.
Weird!

Can this unit have been made by some other firm under denon'n brand?
Symptoms:
- Unit dead, no light, no response

Cant find a fuse inside.
Maby it's one of those melting fuses that looks like some components? But
its hard for me to tell with those surface mounted components.

I do have some hopfully helpfull equipment:
- Multimeter, OHM/VCC/ACC/FRQ and transistor gain tester NPN/PNP
- Solder iron + solder
- Computer science exam.
- Linses, glasses, amplifyer glass and a cat named max.

I'm determined to fix this player, hopfully with help from you fine people
:-)
Need a kick in the right direction...

Tnx.

Regards
John Flood

John Flood July 21st 05 06:50 PM

Found a review on the unit:

http://www.teamrocs.com/reviews/headunits/denon970.htm

--
Regards.
John S. Flood

John S. Flood July 22nd 05 10:44 PM

I mailed denon.com and they have discontinued the automotive product line
and have no speare parts nor any documents.. :-/

But there must be some service manuals or schematics for it laying around
somewhere?

Please help.

--
Regards.