DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where to buy rare classic videogame repair parts? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/113928-where-buy-rare-classic-videogame-repair-parts.html)

VideoGameRepair July 19th 05 08:39 PM

Where to buy rare classic videogame repair parts?

I'm looking for all kinds of rare repair stuff for retro Nintendo and
Sega systems. Parts like:

Screws used in controllers and systems
NES Styrofoams for boxes
SNES Cardboard inserts for boxes
Replacement buttons for official controllers
Fix-A-Pad and Fix-A-System kits (Doc's)
Cartridge bags (NES, SNES..)
+ everything i didn't think of :)

If you have these or know where I could get some, please reply or mail me.

Thanks.

James Sweet July 20th 05 04:13 AM

"VideoGameRepair" wrote in message
.. .
I'm looking for all kinds of rare repair stuff for retro Nintendo and
Sega systems. Parts like:

Screws used in controllers and systems
NES Styrofoams for boxes
SNES Cardboard inserts for boxes
Replacement buttons for official controllers
Fix-A-Pad and Fix-A-System kits (Doc's)
Cartridge bags (NES, SNES..)
+ everything i didn't think of :)

If you have these or know where I could get some, please reply or mail me.

Thanks.

Ebay is the best place I've found for this stuff, swap meets occasionally
have bits and pieces too.

Aidan Grey July 23rd 05 04:30 PM

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:39:13 +0300, VideoGameRepair wrote:

I'm looking for all kinds of rare repair stuff for retro Nintendo and
Sega systems. Parts like:

Screws used in controllers and systems
NES Styrofoams for boxes
SNES Cardboard inserts for boxes
Replacement buttons for official controllers
Fix-A-Pad and Fix-A-System kits (Doc's)
Cartridge bags (NES, SNES..)
+ everything i didn't think of :)

If you have these or know where I could get some, please reply or mail me.

Thanks.

A site that may help you is www.flippers.com.

They also have a mailing list, where people talk about repairing old
video games.

Aidan Grey

James Sweet July 23rd 05 06:58 PM

"Aidan Grey" wrote in message
k.com...
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:39:13 +0300, VideoGameRepair wrote:

I'm looking for all kinds of rare repair stuff for retro Nintendo and
Sega systems. Parts like:

Screws used in controllers and systems
NES Styrofoams for boxes
SNES Cardboard inserts for boxes
Replacement buttons for official controllers
Fix-A-Pad and Fix-A-System kits (Doc's)
Cartridge bags (NES, SNES..)
+ everything i didn't think of :)

If you have these or know where I could get some, please reply or mail

me.

Thanks.

A site that may help you is www.flippers.com.

They also have a mailing list, where people talk about repairing old
video games.

That's mostly arcade games though, not a lot of that applies to consoles.