Ryan Underwood

Default Cleaning UPS battery leakage

Hi,

Probably an easy question. I have a UPS which suffered battery leakage. The
resulting leakage seems to be "crystallization" underneath the batteries (which
I have not removed yet). What is the safest way of cleaning this up once the
batteries have been removed?

Ryan

NSM

"Ryan Underwood" wrote in message

Probably an easy question. I have a UPS which suffered battery leakage.

The
resulting leakage seems to be "crystallization" underneath the batteries

(which
I have not removed yet). What is the safest way of cleaning this up once

the
batteries have been removed?

Warm water and baking soda.

Ryan Underwood

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:27:15 +0000, NSM wrote:

"Ryan Underwood" wrote in message

Probably an easy question. I have a UPS which suffered battery leakage.

The
resulting leakage seems to be "crystallization" underneath the batteries

(which
I have not removed yet). What is the safest way of cleaning this up once

the
batteries have been removed?

Warm water and baking soda.

I finally got around to cleaning up this unit, and this did in fact work
well. You can hear the 'sizzle' as the baking soda neutralizes the acid.
I kept wiping until I couldn't hear sizzle anymore, then wiped it dry and
let it sit for awhile. Thanks!