Junior Member

Location: NY State
Default Need Weller EC2001 Soldering Station Info

I am attempting repair of my Weller EC2001 Soldering Station. Does anyone have a schematic? The base unit has digital readout, and adjustable temperature.

Just voltage and resistance readings on the 5 pins of station, and on the EC1201A [or EC1201P] iron would be helpful. The 28 V output seems OK, as is the on-board regulator.

Thanks,

Jack_son
Jim Adney

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 16:49:20 +0100 Jack_son
wrote:

I am attempting repair of my Weller EC2001 Soldering Station. Does
anyone have a schematic? The base unit has digital readout, and
adjustable temperature.

Just voltage and resistance readings on the 5 pins of station, and on
the EC1201A [or EC1201P] iron would be helpful. The 28 V output seems
OK, as is the on-board regulator.

I think I've got a rough wiring diagram at work. I'll try to remember
to bring it home.

IIRC, there is a NTC sensor in the tip that is fragile. If that is
open, the tip will overheat. I tried to fix ours, but gave up and
bought a new one for ~$55. A few years before that I had replaced the
temp control circuit in the base. There was nothing there that I could
fix, I just had to buy the whole module for ~$80.

If I had this to do all over again I would not have picked up that $5
station.

Get a nice used Weller WTCPx, fix what's broken, and use it for a
lifetime. Much cheaper, much nicer, much more reliable. Just take the
base apart when you get it and SOLDER the connector pins to their
wires.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
BOB URZ

--
Jack_son

I pulled out some weller notes i had from work.
On the 5 pin connectors, pin 2 & 3 are the sensor and
pin 1 and 4 are the heater. the sensor was about 22 ohms
cold and the heater 28 ohms. If either set of terminals
reads infinite, you got a problem in the head or cable.

Bob

Mhound

My Email to you bounced.. I have tried to send you a reverse engineered
copy of a weller
2002 schematic. I hope it is similar. Email
me if you are interested. argyle1nospam@ nospamhotmail.com
(remove nospams)