DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Toshiba TP 43H60 Convergence problem (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/113227-toshiba-tp-43h60-convergence-problem.html)

Karen Ray-Stewart July 13th 05 01:57 AM

Toshiba TP 43H60 Convergence problem

Hi, I have been working on TV's for over 10 years. I have fixed many RCA
rear projection,sets. This one I found really strange. the convergence
adjustment only works on the top and right side. It comes up as a numeric
key pad to adjust all of the crosshairs to align the screen. Some of them
work but the red is the one that is the worst.I did a check on the
convergence board It seems OK visually. please help . Do I have to order a
new board,or can I replace the IC,s , digital transistors, caps, locations
on board, ect...

Thanks
James

[email protected] July 13th 05 02:40 AM

Very good chance you will be replacing the digital convergence module
to fix it.
Try replacing the bad convergence output first, but usually it either
works or it doesn't.

Karen Ray-Stewart July 13th 05 11:43 PM

Where would I obtain such a module PC board, the number is PB8185?. Is the
outputs located on this board? or is it the other smaller board that
connects to the convergence coils on the neck of the tubes? also what about
the STK chip that powers the convergence,would it be a good idea to replace
this also?. Due to the strain on the chip from the convergence board going
all whacky?

Thanks,
James

oups.com...