Default VM-E530A - Flashes TAPE in VF

Hi, I'm looking for someone to help me with a VM-E530A. If you insert
a tape, it loads fine, it ejects fine. The cylinder motor or the
capstan motor does not start. The tape is in the cassette just sitting
in the basket. TAPE flashes in the VF. Any help is greatly
appreciated! Thanks!

JANA

Your question is sort of vague. It is like saying that my car will not
start, where is the trouble.

The capstan servo circuits, and or motor may be the fault. A common cause of
failure are the caps in the capstan drive. It is best to use an ESR meter to
check these. Some techs will replace all the caps.

It is also possible that a tape sensor, or some other device that commands
the capstan operation may be at fault. It would be best to properly
troubleshoot the unit. It is also possible that the voltage supply to the
capstan servo section, or some other area is not proper, or that the uPC is
not giving a proper logic command to make it work.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...